A shout out goes to A Different Daylight for nominating me for my first ever award! She is another kindred spirit floating on the Internet; someone I am connected to because of WordPress, and cats…, and probably lots of other things, too. As usual, my inner researcher asked, but where do these awards come from? Very quickly, I found another inquisitive blogger (M.G. Edwards over at World Adventurers) who already did the webwork…check it out if you are curious.
The One Lovely Blog award requires some effort on my part to be allowed to state that I “won”. It is a lot like NaNoWriMo in that way. It is actually more like a blog chainletter award…but since the primary purpose is really to network and support other bloggers, including yourself, it is the first chain letter I have EVER done…
The rules are simple ♦:
- To thank the nominating blogger ♥
- To share seven things about me ♣
- To nominate up to 15 other bloggers ♠
Seven Things About Me
I wrote 6 Tings ‘Bout Me recently, so this is more stuff you can learn.
- I can turn my nose off.
No, I do not twist my nose right or left, or wiggle it like on Bewitched. But I can stop smelling things by closing off the inner flaps in my nose (I guess?). Don’t ask me how. All I know is that it is a very useful trick if you ride horses, own cats, or live on a farm, or when you enter unknown (and known) bathrooms, and for some other things I have done in my life, like attending an autopsy.
- I went to high school with Sarah McLachlan. I have her on a mixed tape with a group she sang with at the time called the October Game.
- I lived in London for 5 years in the late 80s.
This means I cannot give blood because I might have mad cow disease. So far I am just plain crazy, no cows have interfered as far as I know.
- I was part of the team that worked on the largest crime scene in Canadian history.
- In university, I let mosquitoes bite me on purpose for a research grant.
- I am finding it really hard to adjust to life in Sweden.
- My favourite Sunday morning breakfast is coffee with chocolate biscuits as my shuga (truthfully, on my birthday I allow myself to consume a whole packet!).
And the International Nominees Are…
I wanted to nominate several other blogs, but I decided to choose those who have not already been nominated for this award, as well as newer blogs.
- 12 Novels – Because Michelle is brave. And fun. And interesting. US of A
- WISIWIS (What I See is What I Shoot) – I like Alex’s photos of Moscow.
- CallmeGomo – I like what this lady has to tell me about living in South Africa
- Infinite Sadness…or Hope? – Cate in New Zealand is another person I admire for her honesty. And today she mentioned the Wombles…
- Lady or Not…Here I Come – Because Becca spends lots of time on her funny blog, and it is fun to read. Amerika, she be there.
- Animal Sciences Serving Humanity – Because this is a zoology student. I support both! I think she is in Pakistan…
- The Top Ten of Anything and Everything – I like this Brit because he spends time on a Saturday posting cat photos. And on other days it is dogs. And lots of other cool stuff.
I think I can say I won now?