I am conducting experiments on you. By opening the post, clicking like, following me or commenting, you are helping me figure out:
- What country you are from (although mirror sites can confuse the data)
- The key words that draw you in
- If you click another link
- What search terms are used
- When you are referred by another weblink
WordPress gives me most of that data but it is also fun to try and figure out what I can on my own.
I am trying different things:
Does posting at lunch time in Sweden make any difference. Weekends? Short or long posts? Personal or factual? Do I think the post title worked? Was it catchy enough? Do I get more views with poems or photos? Do my readers like bullet points or essays? What kind of post results in a reader following me? What do we have in common if you do follow me or browse my site? Would it be better to have different websites for different topics?
Should I really care what you think or just write from the heart?
Editor's note: You don't need to answer that question..I already know what I have to do.
- So, What’s It Like Being Freshly Pressed, Robin? (robincoyle.wordpress.com)
- ManageWP launches fresh redesign to make managing multiple WordPress sites easier (thenextweb.com)